FMS coding is the most important part of pilots tasks before take off. Next will be diseased the most easiest way to FMS coding. For simplification will be used direct rote from departure to destination airports. In real situation pilots used specific Flights plans which includes whole route.
Usually routes has been described by list of waypoints. For direct route programing will needs following input data:
- airport title;
- ICAO code of the airport;
- IATA code of the airport;
- coordinates of aircraft location;
- information about runways;
- operation radio frequencies.
Like example will be used simulator «GNX-Xls» (Honeywell) which available for download from www.bendixking.com.
Main steps of Flight Plan programing in Flight Managment System
- Switch on the simulator by pushing the button «ON».
- Set the date, time and airport location.
- Create new flight plan:
- Open the active flight plane menu («ACTIVE FPL») by pushing the button «FPL» (push it two times).
- Input airport of the departure and airport of the destination (the flight is considered as direct flight from the last control point of the aircraft departure scheme to the entrance point of the destination airport).
- Choose one of the available aircraft SID schemes (ACTIVE FPL > DEPARTURE) and runway if it is not given. Control points of SID will appear in the general flight plan.
- Choose one of the available STARs (ACTIVE FPL > ARRIVE). Control points of STAR will appear in the general flight plan.
- Set up the approach parameters (ACTIVE FPL > APCH). Choose the runway, type and entrance point.
- Set up the parameters in the menu «NAV». Define the first part of the route (push the button «ENTER» three times).
- Set up the parametes in the menu «VNAV». Enter the altitudes of flight plan checkpoints overflight (use number of flight level or feet).
- Open the menu «PLAN» and enter the amount of fuel in the sections PLAN > FUEL STATUS > REMAINING , PLAN > FUEL STATUS > RESERVE, aircraft weight PLAN > AIRCRAFT WEIGHT > BASIC OP WT and aircraft payload PLAN > AIRCRAFT WEIGHT > PAYLOAD.
- Start the aircraft flight modeling according to the entered parameters.
- Enjoy flights.