On the aircraft board using a lot of different sensors, that measuring parameters of different general aircraft systems, such as: fuel system, hydraulic system and power supply and other.
Sensors are convert the effects of various of physical values proportional change in the electrical signal, or give the measured value in digital form different systems of aircraft.
Sensors, which using in build of system can classified by two types
1) parameter of measured environment. Allocate sensors of pressure, force sensor, position sensor (for coordinate or angle) displacement transducer (coordinates or angle), speed sensor (linear or angular) acceleration sensor (linear or angular), vibration sensor, proximity sensor, temperature sensor, sensor gas composition environment, speed sensor, strain gauges, humidity sensor, etc .;
2) For the physical principles. Allocate capacitive sensors, piezoelectric, differential-transformers, thermocouple, tensoresistive, potentiometric, eddy current, thermistor, the Hall effect, piezoresistive, fiber optic, magnetoresistive, on superficial acoustic waves, induction and others.
During the development of avionics sensors to their technical parameters are the following requirements
- High dynamic accuracy;
- High accuracy of static sensor;
- High reliability in conditions caused by tactical and technical requirements;
- Allowable size and weight of the sensor;
- A very high conversion efficiency, providing sensor response to relatively small differences between the required and actual values of controlled size;
- A very high power output;
- Increased noise immunity.